Saturday, June 2, 2012

baby steps in the right direction

Since my post about my slump into grump, I've taken some steps to increase my happiness and pursue my writing goals. First, I submitted four poems to a literary magazine about two weeks ago. I am still waiting to hear back, but the magazine said it could take two months, so I'm trying to be patient. I've researched some other lit mags to submit to should this not work out, and I've compiled a list of five magazines that I think would be a good fit for my work.
I have also contacted the MFA program that accepted me a few years back but for financial reasons I was unable to attend. They still have my application on file, and I can begin in January.
Since it's summer and I'm done teaching for two months, I have been actively writing. I'm trying to write one poem everyday or at least every other day.
I feel more content with how things are progressing. I feel like I'm leading my life again and not the other way around, and that is certainly a step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment