Friday, July 6, 2012

30 Things Before 30

A month ago I turned 26. I'm not entirely sure how I got here, but I am on the downhill slide to 30 (remember when 30 was old?!). I pretty much epically failed on my last 101 things list not because I wasn't doing them, but because I wasn't blogging about them. I have decided enough is enough. I am now going to get back to actively blogging. I want to make the most of my my twenties before I get saddled up with more responsibility, so I made a list of 30 things to do before I turn 30. They are on the sidebar of my blog, but for those of you following on your mobile device, I will list them just this once here for you.

1. Finish my MFA in poetry
2. Finish my book
3. Travel to Iceland and see the midnight sun
4. Take a Yoga class on the beach
5. Try SUP (Stand up paddle boarding)
6. Compete in a triathlon
7. Visit and raft the Grand Canyon
8. Finish a 1000 things gratitude list
9. Backpack a week on the AT
10. Volunteer 30 times
11. Take a cross country road trip
12. Save a down payment for a house
13. Live somewhere else for a month in the summer
14. See Opaekaa Falls
15. Do a last minute trip somewhere cool
16. Create a new travel blog
17. Get a new stamp in my passport
18. Read 30 books a year
19. Send the Galax Goat via Heifer International
20. Participate in Relay for Life
21. Go on a mission trip
22. Splurge on myself!
23. See Third Eye Blind in concert
24. Zip line
25. Buy Christmas for an Angel Tree child
26. Learn a new instrument
27. Ride in a hot air balloon
28. Make a quilt
29. Get a tattoo
30. Spend my 30th birthday in Australia

Happily, I will be going to Italy in two days, so I will begin my list/count down with an amazingly good trip in the company of great friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment