Sunday, August 15, 2010

Cucumber Salsa! What what

I have to share this with you. Make it. Delicious. Pour it over everything, or you could eat it with chips. I don't care what you do with it...JUST MAKE THE DARN SALSA.

1 cucumber
1 tomato
1 small onion
cilantro
1 lime

Chop up the veggies (make the onion pieces super small). Throw a cup of cuke and a cup of tomato into a bowl. Now, add as much onion as you like. The original recipe called for two tablespoons. I really like onion, so I added more.

Ok, now the fun part. Cut the lime in half. Juice both halves over the veggie mix (cut side up so you keep the seeds from falling into your salsa). Sprinkle some cilantro over the top (you can use fresh, but I don't have space to keep a ton of fresh spices on hand, so I use McCormick's). Cover the salsa and let it mellow in the fridge for thirty minutes or more.

So friggin' simple and yet the best tasting thing EVER. In fact, I might make it again tonight. Yum freakin' oh.

No comments:

Post a Comment