Sunday, June 6, 2010

How to celebrate your birthday when you're turning an unimportant age

Tomorrow is my birthday. To celebrate, I made Pioneer Woman's shrimp pasta recipe this week. My husband, although a little camera shy, very much enjoyed the pasta as did I:

I will tell you that the color of the pasta is a little scary. I mean, when you take bright red sauce and add a cup of cream, the pasta turns pink. There aren't many pink foods in life (in fact, I can't think of one off the top of my head), so my brain wasn't exactly pumped to eat this meal. However, my taste buds were a jivin'. Yummo! I will definitely make this meal again.

Lucky for me (and my husband), our one year anniversary is next weekend, so I'm planning on making a fantastic anniversary dinner! He doesn't actively read my blog, so I'll go ahead and tell you the menu:

*Chicken skewers

*Grilled Asparagus

*Rice

Not especially different or enthralling, BUT dessert will be amazing! I found a recipe for crock pot fondue:

1 and 1/2 cups chocolate chips (any flavor really)

1/2 cup heavy cream

1 tsp vanilla

All you do is put everything into the mini crockpot, cover, and cook for one hour. Then you take the mini lid off and stir. I'm serving mine with pound cake, strawberries, and marshmellows. I'll let you know how that turns out. For now, I'm off to see my dad for lunch before his big trip out west.

No comments:

Post a Comment