Sunday, May 30, 2010

Budget Meals for the Week

This week I am finally going to try a new Pioneer Woman recipe. I love to cook, but lately I've been kind of lazy. We've been eating a lot of hot dogs and chicken nuggets. I mean, you'd think we had kids. Here is my (slightly more adult) menu for this week:

Sun: Pasta Alla Betsy (Pioneer Woman's sister's recipe. Looks delicious! Shrimp, penne, butter. Mmm. Butter.)
Mon: Leftover pasta
Tues: Chef salad with ham
Wed: Leftover chef salad
Thurs: Steak, rice, and veggies
Fri: Leftover steak and veggies
Sat: $1.25 pizza

When I make my chef salad, I usually just cut up a head of iceberg lettuce, a cuke, an onion, a tomato, a package of thin sliced deli meat, and then I sprinkle some cheese on top. If I'm feeling frisky, I'll cut up some broccoli and/or a green pepper. I do another variation of this salad with steak or chicken (or heck, both!).

For my steak, I marinate it in Lawry's Steak and Chop sauce and then grill it on the Forman for five minutes. I typically marinate zucchini, squash, and onion in butter and garlic salt and than cook it on a grill or in a skillet. This is one of my favorite meals because it's super quick to make and it is still delicious.

This week I spent $42 on groceries. I think $42 is reasonable given that I bought some pricier meat. The shrimp was $5 and the steak was $7 for five portions. I'll let you know how the Pioneer Woman recipe turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment