Monday, March 22, 2010

Paid off my first student loan!!!!!!!

Yes, yes I did. $7500 on two and a half months bringing in about $5000 a month. We killed that sunnofabiotch.
I'd like to thank:
My husband who has made many sacrifices to help me pay this monster off
Coupon.com for helping me save a few dollars on stuff I buy regularly anyway
Cash because credit just makes it too easy to buy stuff
Money Matters for keeping me focused
G.O.D.
My creative imagination for imagining that each payment is chopping a video game monster (rpg style)
Dave Ramsey who taught me the snowball method

Now, I only have one more small loan to pay off and then I can tackle the mega monster known as Sallie Mae.

To celebrate, the husband and I ordered Papa Johns. I hope to stand before you at the end of April and say "I paid off my second student loan!" No debt will be camping out in my extra bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment