Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Book # 7 : The Help

While everyone else has been up in arms over the health care debate, I've had my head stuck in a fantastic book called The Help.

Run. Run as fast as you can to the nearest book store and BUY. THIS. BOOK. In fact, buy two copies. Give one to a friend or neighbor.

I was immediately swept up into the world of these ladies. I thought the characters were more than well rounded: I felt like I was in the room with them, like I was a confidant they called during the night to share secrets.

Seriously though, I don't want to tell you much about the plot because I think you just need to read it for yourself. I know this is a book that will stay with me for weeks, months, even years.

Let's hope this new author writes a second book and soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment