Sunday, March 14, 2010

I did it again!

I broke last week's grocery record. New record: $32.82. Here's what I got:

Bagels
Bread
Debbie Cakes
Bag of Green Giant Broc. and cheese
Bertolli Lemon Shrimp Frozen Skillet dinner
Salad (I have carrots at home already)
Bag of apples
Cuke
Milk
Whippin' cream
OJ
Fettuccine
Shredded Parmesan
Yogurt
Butter
English Muffins
Body wash

I saved $2.65 with coupons. I didn't need to buy any laundry detergent or toilet paper. I also didn't need to buy any meat because I still have some in the freezer. Here is dinner for the week:

Tonight and Monday: Fettuccine Alfredo with a side salad and rolls (meat free meal of the week)
Tuesday: Grilled Chicken Salad and Rolls
Wednesday: Hamburgers, broccoli, and green beans
Thursday: Bertolli Dinner
Friday: Breaded chicken cutlets, cheesy potatoes, green beans

You may be curious about my breakfast and lunch habits. For breakfast, I eat something quick. Either poptarts, cereal, toaster strudels...something like that. I'm trying to eat healthier, so I'm doing English Muffins, peanut butter, and apple + juice for breakfast this week. Mr. Wookie always eats a blueberry bagel. For lunch, I eat a turkey and cheese sandwich, yogurt, piece of fruit, and a bag of chips or a pudding pack. I try to have a glass of milk with at least one of my meals in an effort to get my calcium. The yogurt also helps me meet my calcium goals. (The Dr. told me last week that women should be getting a lot more calcium than they think, so I've been trying to get more calcium into my diet.)

I'll be able to send an extra $30 to my debt at the end of the month because I only spent half of my grocery budget this week. Hip hip hurray! April's grocery budget will be difficult because I will need to buy toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags, and laundry detergent. I do have some coupons to assist with these purchases, but they always make my bill go over $60. I'm going to try my darndest to stop it from happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment