Wednesday, March 17, 2010

All Mine, Head to Toe, Come on Come on Whistle Blow!

Mr. Wookie works off of five days tonight! Yesssss! (I has husband? I has him alllllllll weekend?!)

Sorry, I was a little excited.

Besides sitting in anticipation, I've been doing "research" on where to send my poetry. I feel like I'm giving up my "baby" for adoption. These poems need to go to a good home. A safe home. A place where they will be read and mulled over.

But I've been contemplating my placement for months. Literally months. And I've come to the conclusion that I've just got to do it. Just send them out. Everywhere. I'm not gonna stop until I get a bite. What's the worst that can happen? I can be refused. Big doody. I've been rejected before. It's not the first time, and it certainly won't be the last. (I mean, what can be worse than having your first boyfriend trample all over your heart in the third grade? That's right. NOTHING.)

I'm gonna do it. Tonight. I'm gonna mail some poetry. I'll keep you updated. Here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment