Saturday, October 3, 2009

Go to a concert with Mr. J

For my birthday, Mr. J got me Blink 182 tickets at the VA Beach Verizon Wireless Amphitheater. I was stoked even though I had to wait four months to experience my birthday present ;) . Well last night was the night. We ended up staying the night at the Best Western ocean front on the beach (I'll never stay there again! The hotel was very loud, and I might as well have been sleeping on rocks).
The concert started at 6:30, but we got there a little early so we could buy some memorabilia. Jeff bought a black sweat shirt, and I bought a hot pink t-shirt! Even though the concert was sold out, we only had to wait in line for five minutes tops.
The first act was Asher Roth (totally random, I know). I hate his music, but he was entertaining. He's a flailer. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a spine. He moves like jello.
The second act was supposed to be All American Rejects, but they didn't show. Apparently one of the musicians was suffering from an injury. I was disappointed they weren't there because I've never seen them play, and I really like them.
The third act was the one and only FOB! Mr. J and I have seen them in concert twice before, but they never get old. I freakin' love that drummer.
And then finally, the best band eva!!!! Blink 182! Travis was the freakin' man and played a kick arse drum solo. Usually I get tired from standing after an hour or so, but I didn't even notice the pain in my legs last night. In fact, when they finished I said "is that all?!" I didn't want to leave. I wanted to listen to them play for hours. Don't get me wrong: they played a long set, but I was hoping they would keep playing into the wee hours of the night.
All in all, it was a fantastic night. Mr. Wookie got me the best birthday gift. Score one, Mr. Wookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment