Monday, July 6, 2009

AFI 10 top 10 Update: The Searchers


I just finished watched The Searchers and WOW! Forget the fact that westerns are completely politically incorrect, I was so into this movie. To be honest, I was not looking forward to this category at all. My dad was a big fan of westerns, and I would always walk through the den while he was watching one on t.v. Suffice it to say, westerns didn't look like my cup of tea.


So when I received the Netflix movie on Friday, I didn't rush to put the dvd in like I normally do. The red envelope sat unopened on my t.v. stand until tonight when I made myself sit down and watch it. I expected to fall asleep because, to be fair, the last AFI 10 top 1o I watched did put me to sleep (boo Laurence of Arabia. boo.).


I'm not sure what it was about this film that had me all wrapped up. Was it John Wayne's sex appeal? My desire to see the beautiful Natalie Wood? Or was I just hell bent on finding out if Scar would be captured and killed? I don't know, but I love this film! I give it a 10! A freakin' 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment