Thursday, July 9, 2009

I got a massage!

I actually had a couples massage while on my honeymoon at the Westin in Hilton Head Island, and I forgot to check it off the list. I loved it! I intend to get another massage as soon as funds allow because I felt so content afterwards.

At first I was a little nervous because I didn't know if I was going to have a female or male masseuse. And then I was nervous because I didn't know if Mr. J would have a female or male masseuse. I felt better when I saw we were both going to have female people, except that his person was young and pretty attractive lol. (I whispered to him, "you got the hot one." He laughed at me.) But whatever, because my lady had magic fingers!

We started our massage trip with a brief stint in a relaxing lounge. I enjoyed a cup of warm tea, and Mr. J and I propped our feet up on a chaise lounge in front of a faux fire. Next, we went into the massage room and the ladies gave us the actual massage part of the trip. For a few minutes, I thought she was using some sort of vibrating thing on my back, but then I realized it was just her hands. I wish I had magical hands like that. I could bring joy to people all across the land. It felt amazing. After the massage part was over, they exfoliated our skin, and then we got to take a long, hot bath in a jacuzzi tub. My skin felt so soft afterward.

I'm really glad I finally got a massage. Its something I've wanted to do for a long time, but I've never had the cash. I think its important to take time out of our busy lives and do things that have no purpose other than to relax and please. Getting a massage right after your wedding is something I would recommend to every newlywed couple. The days leading up to the wedding can be so stressful what with parents butting in and contracts getting messed up. We had our massage the day after we arrived at the beach, and I think it was a great way to wind down and prepare to fully enjoy our trip. I know I enjoyed it, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment