Monday, June 1, 2009

Taubman Museum of Art

This weekend Mr. J and I went to visit my friend in Roanoke for a dinner party. Before dinner, we all headed over to the Taubman Museum of Art to poke around. For the most part, I enjoyed the museum. I thought it had a decent size collection. There was one exhibit that I wasn't particularly fond of because it was apocalyptic in nature. I don't normally like those types of things, and I didn't like it this time either. I loved the exhibit called something like "In Life I was Silent, In Death I Sing." I found the exhibit fascinating because the artist made fiddles out of everyday objects. For example, one was made of an axe and one of a chess board. So cool!

Well, that's one more goal I've achieved. I think I'm doing a good job marking these babies off. Go me!

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog on the VA board and I have still yet to visit the Taubman, but it's on my list of things to do. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete