Friday, May 1, 2009

Update to the Main List

I realized as I was looking at the cooking website, you have to pay and subscribe which is really lame. So I'm changing that goal to be a general "try ten new recipes."
That said, I made my sister's baked macaroni and cheese the other day for my friends. Sister gave me the recipe a few weeks ago, but I just not got around to making it. Here is the recipe for those interested in trying:

Boil elbow macaroni noodles. Drain. Set aside.
In a bowl, mix together 1 egg, 1 cup of milk, salt and pepper.
In a glass casserole dish, pour noodles to cover bottom. On top of noodles put three dollops of butter. Put sliced mild cheddar cheese on top of noodles. On top of cheese, add another layer of noodles. Repeat butter and cheese. Next, pour the milk mixture into the casserole dish. Check to make sure the milk goes at least halfway up the sides. If it doesn't, add more milk. Too much milk is ok because you can drain it off, but not enough milk is bad because the noodles get crunchy.

Bake macaroni and cheese on 350 for 30-40 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.

Verdict: It was awesome! I wish I would have gotten a bigger chunk of cheese, but I put just the right amount of milk into the macaroni. I've promised the wookie I will make this for him asap!

1 down, 9 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment