Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Bought a Washer and Dryer


A few days ago Mr. J got a check in the mail from his old job. The money was from his 401k with that company, and since he switched jobs they sent him a check. We talked briefly about what to do with the money.

"What should we do with it?" I asked.
"I don't know. What do you think we should do with it?" He replied.

Repeat these question four times. You see the nature of our conversation. Finally I said:

"Well, we could finish decorating the living room. Get some art pieces. What do you have in mind?"
"I was thinking we could get a washer and dryer."

Duh. Why didn't I think of that? After all, I was the one who took five loads of laundry to the laundry mat the other day. The one who sat in the dirty blue plastic chair for an hour hoping I wouldn't catch a flesh eating disease. (Ok, fine. I'm a snob. The only time I've ever been to the laundry mat before was when I wanted to wash my comforter in the front loading machine. I've always had a washer and dryer in my house.) So of course I said:
"Yes! Oh God yes!" Followed by jumping up and down.

I searched the interwebs for models, and after looking around at Sears on my own, Mr. J and I headed out to the Home Depot (we also like to walk through the model kitchens and dream about our future house on the lake. Its a good pastime.) As we meandered through the washers and dryers not really sure what we were looking for, I noticed a GE model that I liked a lot. The ad said it could get ground in dirt, and Jeff's new job certainly leaves his pants filthy with ground in dirt.

So we bought both the washer and the dryer. Both are supposed to be delivered tomorrow, and I hope they will be here early! I've got another five+ loads I need to do.

One more thing marked off the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment