Monday, May 25, 2009

Book # 23 New Moon Book # 24 The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon

I finished reading New Moon within two days. I'd heard from some readers that NM was the worst of the Twilight series, but I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the book. I thought Meyer captured the grief that follows a break up quite thoroughly. Also, I ached to see Edward again, just like Bella, and when I finally got to see him under the clock tower, I couldn't have been happier.

I also just finished reading The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King. It was my first SK book, and I have to say that I liked it. . . I didn't love it by any means, but I've read worse. I was glad that the book didn't have any super weird characters / twists of plot like some of his movies I've seen (Desperation, anyone?). Instead, it was simply about a girl who gets lost in the woods and who has to survive. The descriptions of the natural world were quite good.

So yeah, that brings me up to book # 24 and up to 170 SBC points. Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment