Saturday, August 28, 2010

T-Minus 5 Months

Are you ready for this? I don't think you're ready.
BUT I FREAKIN' AM!!!!
At the end of this month, I will owe only Sallie Mae $12,900. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will be DEBT FREE in 5 months.
I'm on the down hill slope.
I'm nearing the finish line.
I've sacrificed, and I'm gonna win and SOON.

**I'm secretly hoping to pay my loan off before Christmas so we can actually have a Christmas with presents this year. In order to do this, I'm hoping to work after school homework help. This will help me bring in an extra $200 a month or more. The husband is working extra hours at work right now, so I think this will assist in a quicker payoff as well.**

Look at this breakdown from the Gold Digger herself:
Signature Student-UNSUB /SLM PRIVATE CREDIT STUDENT LN TR $5,443.12

Stafford-SUB /SALLIE MAE TRUST - LSC/FL $64.00

Signature Student-UNSUB /SLM PRIVATE CREDIT STUDENT LN TR $4,173.67

Stafford-SUB /CAVALIER FUNDING 1 LLC $201.94

Signature Student-UNSUB /SLM PRIVATE CREDIT STUDENT LN TR $1,140.77

Stafford-SUB /CAVALIER FUNDING 1 LLC $253.98

Stafford-UNSUB /CAVALIER FUNDING 1 LLC $71.42

Signature Student-UNSUB $3,737.96

I owe $64 on one loan and $71.42 on another. I bet I have $64 worth of pennies sitting in my closet. I'm in lust with how manageable my debt is looking these days. I remember last fall I was in tears because I didn't think we'd be able to pay off my loan for ten years. And now look at us. We'll have paid off $50,000 in one year--the first year of our marriage. The sense of calm I feel at the end of December is going to be worth more than $50,000. It will be priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment