Friday, July 2, 2010

What's on the Menu?

This week, I've decided to try something new. A frugal challenge if you will. I bought a whole chicken for less than $5, and the bird will be the meat source for all my meals this week. Here's what is on the menu:

Sat and Sun: Roasted chicken with veggies (no special recipe, just lots of butter and herb)
Mon and Tues: Greek Chicken Salad
Wed and Thurs:Baja Pie
Fri and Sat: Calico Chicken and Potatoes Skillet.

To find these recipes, go to www.bettycrocker.com and do a search.

I'll let you know how each one turns out. I also found a good chicken tortilla soup recipe, but it's hot, and I'm not really craving soup right now. I think I'm going to put the recipe in my folder and pull it back out in the fall.

I promise to write more later, but for now I'm heading to Target to find a new bathing suit as my bottoms have stretched to their max and are now sliding off of me. If you have any great chicken recipes, I'd love it if you'd share with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment