Friday, May 14, 2010

Visit Maw Maw


I have a wonderful grandmother. She's 82 years old, and she's absolutely beautiful. She is very religious, but her humor and spirit are still very much alive.

I'm a horrible granddaughter. I mean, I'm blessed to have a grandmother who lives only an hour away, but I can't seem to get to her house on the weekends. So, I decided I would spend the dreaded mother's day with Maw Maw. My dad and I took her out to eat, and I think she really enjoyed herself, and I certainly enjoyed myself. She told me all about the jobs she had when she was working and about how things used to be.

After spending the day with her, I have to say I have a new appreciation for her strength. She is fiercely independent and was even when being an independent woman was still unpopular. I hope I'm supporting myself when I'm 80.

Now if I could only find the time to go visit my brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment