Sunday, May 16, 2010

I Need to Vita Abundantior!

Yes, I just made the Latin phrase into a verb.

I am ridiculously uptight. I expect perfection out of my life and from other people. I know it's stupid. I'm trying to work on it. Like this money thing... I took an idea and ran with it. I haven't had much trouble adjusting my shopping habits because I never really bought expensive stuff. I don't own any Coach bags, and the most expensive article of clothing I own is a hand-me-down from Ann Taylor Loft.

Unfortunately, I have had problems adjusting to a stay at home lifestyle. When Mr. Wookie and I were dating, we would go out to eat pretty much every time we saw each other. On a few rare occasions I would cook at home for us "as a treat." Now I'm cooking at home every night and we go out to eat "as a treat." Giving up dining out has been a struggle because we live in a small town. There aren't any free museums to visit. We can go bowling (way out of our budget for now), see a movie (which we do on occasion), and go out to eat.

Having to stay home every weekend is really wearing on me. The hubs and I took some time off this week because we work opposite shifts, and we really haven't had time to connect lately. We both wanted to do something, but we have already blown through our fun money. Needless to say, yesterday was pretty boring.

I could cheat because I have a little cushion in the bank since Mr. Wookie's checks can fluctuate from month to month, but then I would be disappointed with myself, and I don't handle disappointment well.

Honestly, I don't think I could continue to live this frugally if I knew it was going to take longer than a year for me to be debt free. I'm so looking forward to eating out every weekend again. I'm looking forward to going out for drinks on the weekend again. I just can't wait to go on a vacation. I mean, don't get me wrong, I am thankful that the weather has been beautiful the past two months because I've been able to utilize the park, but I want to get dressed up and go out on the town.

Only seven more months like this and then I'm going to VITA ABUNDANTIOR my little heart out.

No comments:

Post a Comment