Saturday, April 3, 2010

It's a Good Day

I don't know if you're experiencing sun where you are, but the weather is absolutely fantastic where I am. Yesterday I got to sit out in the sun and listen to my ipod, and then I went over to my sister's house and hid eggs with her children.

Today we're going to have an Easter cookout. I've got my SPF 50 ready to go! There's nothing I love more than a hot dog, some pasta salad, and SUN.

It's also a good day because I busted through the $40,000 mark on my Sallie Mae Loan! For whatever reason, getting into the $30,000 range makes me feel lighter. I tell everyone I can see about my debt because it holds me accountable. I think there are some people who think I'm nuts. They're so used to having debt that paying it off must mean that I hit the lottery or something. Not true! We're on a budget. When we spend our allotted money, we don't spend anymore. I cut coupons. We live on half of our income and every extra penny is sent to our debt.

If we can do it, so can other people!

The husband and I were celebrating the other night, and we were talking about what we're going to do once the debt is paid off. We've decided (after maxing out our Roth IRA and saving up 6 months of expenses) we're going to take a trip to Hawaii. We've got the place picked out and everything! Then I can spend a WHOLE SEVEN DAYS IN THE SUN. yessss.

No comments:

Post a Comment