Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Ask me how much I owe Sallie Mae? Go ahead...ask me.

My friends, I received one honking tax return. Today, I sent the whole hefty tax return to Sallie Mae (that money grubbin' barefoot, pregnant KY girl). Are you ready for the numbers?

In September, I owed $50,000. Today, just a few seven months later, I owe $27,000. By the end of the month, I'll have that number down to $25,000. Suck on that.

That's right, girls and boys, I have met my payoff goal for 2010. *Cheers all around*

Money plan for the remainder of the year? Continue to apply my whole paycheck to debt payoff. By the end of September, my loan will be down in the low teens (between 10k and 13k).

I realize this may not be a big deal to a lot of people, but I am STOKED. 10k is nothing compared to 50k. God is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment