Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Fitness

I know I said I was going to skip a day yesterday, but I got so bored that I ended up working out anyway. Can I just say "Um YOUCH!" My calves are on fire. Apparently I was walking funny today because one of my students said, "Are you ok Mrs. ____? Did you sprain your leg?" Embarrassing.

The pain isn't necessarily a bad pain, it's just a serious ache. I guess I haven't used my legs lately. Even though I'm a healthy weight (on the low end actually), I am ridiculously out of shape. I used to run all the time, and I used to go to the gym. Just last year I was spending an hour at the gym 4-5 times a week. What. Happened. To. Me?!

I guess the only thing that changed it that 1. I started my first full time job and 2. we're paying off our debt, so I don't want to pay for a gym membership. (oh and 3, it's been frigid this winter, so I can't get motivated to go outside.)

Fitness plan for the remainder of the week looks like this:
Tues: Night off
Wed: Work out
Thurs: Night off
Fri: Work out
Sat: Work out
Sun: Night off

That should give my muscles enough time to relax. I looked at the weather report for this week, and it looks like the next few days are going to be unseasonably cold, but the forecast calls for highs in the 40's this weekend. Maybe I'll do a walk around the park. I can handle 40 degrees if the wind isn't blowing, but the wind has been on a rampage the past two weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Did you hear it's supposed to snow on Sunday afternoon? Because that's what is on the forecast for Lynchburg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No! I'm so sick of snow! Lol. Is it supposed to be significant snow or just some flurries? I can deal with flurries.

    ReplyDelete