Sunday, August 30, 2009

Make a New Friend

I was very worried about completing this part of the challenge when I originally started my list because I wasn't sure how I was going to meet people my age. I found it was very easy to make new friends in college because you're constantly surrounded by people your age; however, I knew that when I started my teaching job I would be surrounded by people of varying ages. Some of my coworkers are in their 50's, and some are in their 30's. I was worried it would be harder to bond with someone with more life experience than me.
Luckily, one of the new teachers where I teach is my age, and she went to a neighboring college. She is so nice, and we had lunch together a few times during our cooperative work week. We haven't done anything together outside of work yet because I live so far away, but I feel like we're going to bond this year because we're both first year teachers, and I know we'll have a lot to talk about! I'm so thankful I found someone I could talk to.

No comments:

Post a Comment