Thursday, March 1, 2012

4/12

So I was listening to the new Blink album (it's not my favorite of theirs, but I really love Snake Charmer),and while I was listening, I was struck with this idea of what it would be like to be a siren. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't want to murder anyone, but the thought of captivating men with a sexy song suddenly struck me as a skill coveted. Imagine: little ol' me, consistently bringing grown men to their knees with my voice. Ha! So I said out loud, "man, I wanna be a siren." There is was: first line stuck in my head. Given my physical insecurities lately, it kinda covers the desire I reckon most women want to exude, myself included. Enjoy!

I wanna be a siren,
lure men in.
They’d come
a sure bet,
ears caught, beckoned.
They’d come
to the edge, tempted,
rowing to the rhythm
of my seductive hum.

I wanna be a siren,
hair in waves,
the color of toffee
skin the scent of salt.
Sailors drawn to sharp rocks.
For me
they turn their masts
away from home.

I wanna be a siren,
sink ships
with seemingly loose hips.
The men always ready,
wide eyed,
aching, panting to touch—

A sure death each time,
Men turned cold by song.

No comments:

Post a Comment