Saturday, September 18, 2010

Books 18, 19, & 20

I am not entirely sure I will make my reading goal this year. Working sucks out all my energy so that when I return home in the evenings all I want to do is pass out cold on the couch. I have, however, made time to read these books:

18: Walk Two Moons. I read this last year with my sixth graders and really enjoyed it, so I decided my 6th grade class this year would read it as well.

19. Eat, Pray, Love. I must admit, I am not inspired to do anything by this book. I know Liz's travels have really helped/inspired/encouraged other women to do something with their lives, but I feel like I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be. I'm content. I also find her to be unflinchingly selfish at times, but I must say that I do enjoy her writing style. I think she is quite funny. I've got forty pages left, and I plan on finishing the book this morning. (What's my word that describes me? Present. As in I live in the Present. I don't think much on the past, and I don't worry much on the future. I'm in the present.)

20. Choosing Gratitude. I'm about to embark on this book as soon as it arrives from Amazon. We've decided to read this for the next book club. I'm going to go ahead and say I've read it now because I am going to read it, and then I'll tell you about it when I finish.

Alright, that's all in the land of books today. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment