Thursday, February 4, 2010

Eat in for a Whole Month # 2

Well we did a whole week eating in which was pretty easy. Tonight I went grocery shopping for the upcoming week, and I'm excited! Here's what on the menu:

1. Shrimp quesadillas (I actually never made these from last week. We ended up having an extra night of left overs)
2. Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes, and green beans
3. Breaded pork and veggies
4. Vegetable beef soup (which I'll probably make tomorrow because we're expecting a big snow storm again!)

Luckily, I didn't have to buy any snack foods this week (except for some Dr. Pepper), so my bill came to $49.90. Last week's bill was $81, but again I had to buy the snack foods. I find that snack foods really make your bill go high, but I only have to buy them once or twice a month. Hubs and I always pack our lunches to work and typically I pack a piece of fruit, a sandwich, and a snack (like a swiss cake roll or a pudding pack). It gets boring eating a sandwich everyday, so sometimes I mix it up and make a pasta salad.

So far I haven't had any desire to go out and eat, but I'm sure I'll get stir crazy eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment