Thursday, December 31, 2009

Just finished my 60th book for this year!

I wasn't sure if I could go it what with work and all, but I did. Today I finished my 60th book which is fitting seeing that it's the last day of 2009. Close one, but I knew I could deliver. My last book was The Hatchet by Gary Paulsen. I'll be reading it with my students when I get back to work, so I thought I should have a head start.

I'd like to thank the public library. If it wasn't for PCLIBS, I would be a broke joker.
I'd also like to thank my hubs who is an avid gamer. Final Fantasty 60001 kept him occupied and gave me lots of free reading time :)
and finally to my Nest book club friends who cheered me on and gave me new reading material.

I think I may have a smaller reading goal for myself next year since one of my New Year's resolutions is to get out of the house more, but I think I'll aim for 50 (or about a book a week). My first read of the 2010 will be The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood. I've been aching to read this book for ages, and I finally have the time to do it. Next, I will read Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger. I absolutely loved her novel The Time Traveler's Wife. I can't wait to read the new book.

In 2010, I'm starting my own real life book club. We're going to meet once a month starting in January (if I can get everyone on board).

Happy readings!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy The Handmaid's Tale, I've read it twice and loved it both times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm about 100 pages into the novel. It's starting to get really good.

    ReplyDelete